Your audience may have told you they left a review for your podcast, but you don’t see it—at least not yet. Here are some possible reasons you aren’t seeing your reviews.
- Your listener might have left a rating, but not a review. It’s common for listeners to give your podcast a star-rating but not write a review. Thus, you might see the number of ratings increase for your podcast, but not the number of reviews. Ratings are often anonymous, so that person’s name won’t show up in the ratings and reviews My Podcast Reviews tracks for you.
- Your listener might have written a review in a different country. When your show is approved by Apple Podcasts, it becomes available in up to 175 different countries, each with their own rankings, ratings, and reviews. For example, if you’re in the United States and your listener is in Canada, their review will publish in the Canadian Apple Podcasts catalog, so you won’t see it from the United States catalog. But My Podcast Reviews solves this for you by checking all those different countries for your international podcast reviews.
- Reviews are sometimes moderated. Apple Podcasts and other podcast platforms have policies about what content they allow in reviews. For example, profanity or personal attacks may be prohibited. Some platforms might also have systems in place to automatically prevent review fraud and manipulation. It’s also possible for new podcasts to be subject to more moderation that long-running podcasts.
- Your listener might not have completed the process. It can be easy to miss a necessary step in writing reviews, such as writing the review but not submitting it.
- Your listener might have posted the review somewhere else. Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Podchaser, and Castbox are the most-popular places your listeners can rate or review your podcast. So it’s possible your listener put the review in a place other than where you were looking. But the My Podcast Reviews service checks all these platforms for you!
- Your podcast data might not have refreshed, yet. Podcast catalogs are often cached for better performance, and the My Podcast Reviews service checks your podcast’s data every morning from the USA. So it’s often possible that your latest reviews are simply not cached, yet.
So what can you do? The best thing is to simply wait a little longer. But we made My Podcast Reviews to handle this for you! So if you use the My Podcast Reviews service and notice any discrepancy, please contact us and we’ll be happy to investigate and resolve it for you.